Vacances de la Toussaint (Zone A) : ouverts tous les jours !
Départs à 13h30-15h00 et 16h30. Et le week end 11h30 - 13h30 - 15h00 et 16h30. Masques obligatoires. Ouvert tous les jours du 19/10 au 01/11.
Le restaurant des grottes ouvert les weeks-ends le midi et le 30 et 31 oct soir
Venez dégustez nos nouveautés : matouille, tartiflette et cuisses de grenouilles (sur résa : 04 79 65 75 08)
Avec toujours nos classiques : steak frites, salade savoyarde etc...
Visites guidées les WE à 11h30 13h30 15h00 et 16h30
HALLOWEEN AUX GROTTES
Les 30 et 31/10 : visite halloween et snack ouvert en soirée. Des goûter seront proposés tout l'après-midi. Attention, pas de visite classique à 16h30.
+ d'infos : rubrique évènement / 04 79 65 75 08 / email@example.com
Welcome to the historic site
of Saint-Christophe's Caves
Welcome to the historic site of St Christophe's Caves
On the border between Savoy and Dauphiné, this site is constituted by a natural canyon between the mountains carved out by the laborious work of the waters and used by men since Roman times as a commercial road. There are two beautiful caves arranged for tourism, one on each side of the canyon.
Come to visit this site in a guided tour which combines nature, history and geology for / to the delight of young and old !
The guided tour of the caves
Follow the guide…
…make your way through the meander of 2 caves and discover the potholes, jellyfish-shaped excrescences and other concretions…
...listen to the rich history of the Sardinian Way, an old roman road, a passage through the mountains, a natural route which has been used by travellers since the dawn of time…
…admire the Monument devoted to Duke Charles Emmanuel II of Savoy, who commissioned renovation work on the Sardinian Way in the 17th century…
- Duration of the guided tour : 1 hour 20 mins
- Prices : 9.00€ adult / 6.00€ child
- English spoken (writting translation available in Dutch, german, spanish, italian and english.)
- Dogs in leash accepted
- Temperature in the upper cave: 9°C
Reception area – tickets office
- Reception area : bar, terrace, shop and snack only in July and August
- Shaded picnic area
- Reception area for mobility-impaired visitors (The guided tour of caves and sardinian way is not accessible to persons with motor disability)
- Free parking spot
The play path "Tracking down Azil and Magda"
Thanks to the creation of a path open to the greatest number, you can access from the Sardinian way the archaeological site of Fru an entertaining occasion to discover and explore this archaeological area, scene of the first traces of human settlement in Savoy 14000 years ago…
- A playbook is sold at the information desk inside the reception area for 7€ piece
- Translation into English or Dutch.
- Path to be used autonomously, children are under the responsibility of the parents.
- Recommended time: 2h30
- At the end of the game you'll have the opportunity to log in on the internet to evaluate your score and learn more about the lives men lead on the site of Fru 14,000 years ago
Follow signs to the « Chartreuse Regional Nature Park ».
From Chambery: 20 minutes. Follow Lyon via Les Échelles (RD 1006) for about 20 km. Accueil car park on the left just before the tunnel.
From Grenoble: follow Voiron, St Laurent du Pont and Chambéry. Accueil car park on the right just after the tunnel situated 4 km after Les Échelles.
From Lyon by motorway: take exit 11 "Belley - St Genix sur Guiers" and follow Pont de Beauvoisin, Les Échelles and Chambéry.
2 car parks are available on the site :
- Parking « de l'Accueil » (visit departure and Reception area)
- Parking « de la Chapelle » (30 minutes walk from the start of the tour)